Monday 21 July 2008

Our newborn!!!


Our newest arrival: Anselm Anthony Aquinas Hamilton!!! He was born on 21st July 2008 at 5am. We hope he will draw on the power of these great doctors of the church, (who were all just about contemparies) and that he may follow their examples of holiness, and humility, while in posessession of great gifts from God: intelligence, in prudence, governance and evangelisation.

If you 'd like to know about who Anselm was, check out this website: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01546a.htm

I must say, the birth of our son has brought us soooo much joy already, (its indescribable) even though he was only born 16 hours ago, and my wife is still in hospital. For me, I think its because having been a father already for 2 1/2 years now, I know what joys await me from the experiences I have had with my young daughter who will be three in December.

The birth of a new child really is "the gospel of life" for us, that is: "the good news" of life, and what good news it is! I am over come with renewed joy! I fail to understand when some say, they only want to have one child, or cannot wait until their children are at school (or freely choose a career, whereby they rarely see their family). Both myself and my wife are coming to new practical realisations of the pro-life & pro-family teachings of the Church, which is a treasure chest of untold riches indeed, as we are finding as our family grows. We hope to have many more!

Scripture is so clear in many places that children bring immesurible joy to the lives of their parents (if they bring them up according to God's will): "your children like shoots of the olive around your table...may the Lord bles you from Sion all the days of your life... May you see your children's children."

Your brother in Christ,

Peter

No comments: