Saturday 7 July 2007

The beauty of a new life - one week old Elizabeth


Welcoming a human being into this world is a truly breath-taking and incomparable experience. Let us all pray for expectant mothers and fathers. May God give them the strength and wisdom to protect and love their baby from conception.

When I realised I was pregnant I was in the middle of changing jobs and houses, and had to endure antagonism at work, not to mention a meeting with a person I thought was my new GP - only to find out she was an abortion nurse. 'Did you plan this baby? So, you feel anxious about the whole thing...' I can still hear her words in my head, together with my thoughts, 'What have I done to give them the impression I wanted to kill my baby?' Then, I remembered that when I joined the new GP practice, I had urged the receptionist to arrange an appointment for me 'as soon as possible' , as I had recently found out I was pregnant. She misinterpreted my words and put my name down for a visit with the 'death nurse'. When I kindly told this lady that I wanted to keep my baby, she sighed with disappointment and remarked, 'Oh, in that case it's not me you should see'.

Dear Lord, thank you for giving us Elizabeth, she truly is our hope and joy.

God bless you,

Annalisa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have an Elizabeth. My 6th daughter!

Congratulations...& God bless